We remember what’s important.
Memory Care that emphasizes dignity and independence in Plantation, Florida serving South Florida seniors.
Caring for a loved one throughout the stages of memory loss can be emotionally and physically draining. At Covenant Living of Florida, we provide the peace of mind that your loved one is receiving the care they deserve while maintaining a sense of familiarity and comfort. Each member of our care team initiates person-specified programs designed to help ease the challenges of Alzheimer’s or related dementia all in a secure, comforting environment in the Plantation, Florida area.
The memory care program is anchored by the SAIDO Learning program in partnership with the KUMON Institute of Education and exclusively licensed by Covenant Living.
What is THE SAIDO Learning Program?
SAIDO Learning is a non-pharmacological intervention that has been shown to interrupt the progression of Alzheimer’s and other related dementias. Unlike other memory support programs SAIDO is individualized, non-pharmacological and focuses on what our residents can do versus cannot do. SAIDO learning is appropriate for all states of dementia, it is an intentional engagement versus activity.
Like daily physical exercise, SAIDO can be viewed as an exercise for one’s brain. Residents are encouraged in our assisted living memory care communities to participate in five sessions per week. Social interactions reduce the isolation felt by so many individuals living with dementia. SAIDO offers a truly personalized experience, deepens connections with family and loved ones, and enhances professional development for our care team.
Research has shown SAIDO Learning is an effective program in improving symptoms such as a reduction in agitative behaviors, as well as isolation through increased socialization. Read more about evidence-based outcomes of SAIDO learning.
Tour our community today to see why we’re the choice for you or your loved one.
- Personalized memory support activities tailored to your loved one’s needs
- Medication management and administration
- Specially trained care team
- Assistance with dressing and grooming
- Bathing assistance
- Care associates available 24 hours a day
- Personalized motion detection system that monitors resident movements
- Non-confining resident monitoring system
- Supportive cues throughout—even in the secured outside Serenity Garden
Memory Care Residences
Memory Support residents live in private studio apartments filled with their own personal touches, helping them maintain a stronger sense of identity.
- State-of-the-art memory support technology to ensure residents’ safety
- Secured community with keyless entry
- Private garden for resident activities and gatherings
- Second-story garden and park views (as available)
- Executive chef-prepared meals and snacks
- Personalized diets created by a registered dietician
- Made-to-order meals, as needed, in order to accommodate dietary restrictions
- Demonstration cooking presentations
Keep in mind, you do not have to be a current resident of our senior community to benefit from our Assisted Living, Assisted Living Memory Care, Skilled Nursing or short-term Rehabilitation services, nor will you have to pay an entrance fee to enter one of the areas noted above.
Worried about your loved one’s declining memory? Download our resource, “Top 10 Signs Your Loved One May Need Memory Care” to see if memory care may be a good option.